One of the items I have on the list for the upcoming babe is a new bassinet. With Mae we didn’t have a bassinet, but used a Graco Travel Lite Crib for the first few months. And while I didn’t mind the travel crib itself, it just didn’t work well with our setup.
Our bedroom is pretty small and the travel crib took up aaaaall the space between the bed and the wall so when I had to get in and out of bed (which was multiple times a night since I was exclusively pumping #theworst), I typically just ended up stumbling over my hubs. Not my favorite thing at 3am. We also have a tall bed and I didn’t like that Mae was so much lower than me – I would’ve liked to be able to more easily slide her back in her bed without the risk of waking her. So this time around, I’m looking for something smaller and taller to put next to our bed (I’m actually thinking #11) but then of course who wouldn’t love a classic, beautiful bassinet in their home? I know I would.
So here are twelve of my favorite modern bassinets on the market, from the affordable to the higher-end, although nothing too crazy (for the record, there are some pretty amazing $800+ bassinets out there). All of these picks have good reviews, and all are simple, classic designs.
1. BabyHome Dream Cot // One of my favorites! This modern bassinet features an aluminum frame and washable fabric in a variety of fun colors (total bonus in my world). The colored exterior is nylon, but the inner fabric of all Dream cots is white cotton. It has an adjustable leg system that allows your to change from stationary to rocker to wheels with the simple click of a button. The legs are removable so it packs down flat to fit in travel bag (included). (Also see the BabyHome Air Bassinet with mesh window.) Retail: $250
2. Delta Children Travel Sleep Solution // This one has great reviews and is super affordable too! It has a quick-fold design for easy setup and disassembly, plus it takes up minimal storage space. It has breathable mesh sides that also make it easy to keep an eye on your sleeping baby. Retail: $49.99
3. Angel Line Jenny Lind Cradle // This is a classic but also pretty hard to track down lately (don’t worry I’ve got you covered if you have your eye on one)! It’s made from solid wood and has a water based non-toxic finish. Rocks your baby to sleep but also has a lock to prevent rocking when needed. Caster wheels make it easy to move from room to room. Comes with reversible waterproof pad. Retail: $164.34
4. Chicco Lullago Travel Crib // I love the clean, simple look of this one. It can be set up and disassembled quickly thanks to the snap-on legs and one-piece top structure, plus it comes with a bag so transport is easy. All the fabric can be removed for washing and the mesh windows allow for circulation. Available in acorn and green. Retail: $99.99
5. BabyBjorn Cradle // This simple, modern cradle responds to your baby’s movements to create a gentle rocking to help your to sleep. The soft mesh sides allow for air circulation and make it easy to keep an eye on your baby. The cradle fabric and mattress cover are removable and machine washable. And because the cradle is lightweight, it’s easy to move around the house. Optional canopy sold separately. Retail: $349.95
6. Olin Bassinet // I am so happy that The Land of Nod now carries bassinets, and the Olin may just be my favorite! I love the clean, modern design and the beautiful teak wood would be a beautiful addition to any room. This bassinet features a rounded base, so it will gently rock. Retail: $449
7. Sorelle Dondola Gliding Cradle // This classic cradle is constructed from New Zealand pine and has a non-toxic finish. It has a gliding motion and comes with a locking arm. Retail: $216 (Espresso finish here.)
8. Summer Infant Bentwood Bassinet // This bassinet is highly-rated and has clean simple design with a narrow footprint. It features a multi-speed swaying motion, soothing vibrations, and plays multiple peaceful melodies and calming sounds. Retail: $169.99
9. Babyletto Bowery Bassinet // This charming, classic cradle is made from sustainable New Zealand pine wood with a warm espresso non-toxic finish. Features X-cross and flat bottomed legs for additional stability. And once your little one outgrows their bassinet, it can easily be converted to a spacious toy box! Retail: $129
10. Jolly Jumper Rocking Moses Basket Stand // If you’d like a classic moses basket (I like this affordable one), then you’ll also want this stand that fits most Moses Baskets (in the reviews it looks like some parents use them for their stroller bassinet too, like the UppaBaby Bassinet). It has a sturdy wooden design with a smooth finished surface and rocking base. Retail: $49.99
11. HALO Swivel Sleeper Bassinest // This one is probably my favorite in terms of function. It’s height is adjustable so it will fit next to most beds, allowing your baby to sleep right next to you, plus the side walls lower so caring for your baby is easy. It’s ideal for small spaces since the base tucks easily under beds and it rotates 360 so crawling in and out of bed is easy. (Also see the Halo Bassinest Premier Series that includes a nightlight, soothing sounds, vibration, and nursing timer.) Retail: $219.99
12. Tiny Love 3 in 1 Rocker Napper // This one is multifunctional and easily converts from a baby seat to a rocker to a sleeper and back again with just the flick of a hand. If your little one falls asleep while playing, simply lay it back to a flat position without waking them! It comes with a removable mobile that plays music and can vibrate too. Available in red or brown. (Also see the Tiny Love Cozy Rocker Napper with adjustable canopy.) Retail: $99.99
(You can see my favorite modern highchairs here.)
Top image via BabyHome.
This post contains affiliate links.